Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises clear from dangerous conditions. When property owners fail to meet this duty, serious injuries may occur as the result of people slipping or tripping on various hazards, landing them in the hospital for weeks at a time. Most of these injuries could be easily avoided if the property owner took proper care. At Trombly & Singer, PLLC, you can rest assured knowing an aggressive slip and fall attorney at our law firm will hold property owners accountable for their negligent actions. Slip and fall cases cover a wide range of incidents. We will work hard to help you get the compensation that you need in order to move forward with your life. Contact an experienced Washington, D.C. slip & fall lawyer from Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a free consultation.
Washington, D.C. Lawyer Serving Slip and Fall Accident Victims
Here at Trombly & Singer, PLLC, we believe that accident victims deserve strong, competent, and aggressive legal representation in their pursuit of financial compensation. Our Washington, D.C. injury lawyers have fought for wrongfully injured persons in Washington D.C. for over 40 years, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. To us, protecting the well-being of our clients is the most important thing. We understand just how overwhelming a serious accident can be, between medical bills, the physical pain caused by the injury, and more, which is why we pride ourselves in providing accident victims with the efficient, straightforward legal guidance they deserve. With Trombly & Singer, PLLC in your corner, you can have peace of mind knowing you have a hard-working and highly-skilled legal team working, day in and day out, for the compensation you need to heal.
Our Legal Services
Trombly & Singer, PLLC has extensive experience representing clients who have been seriously injured in all types of slip and fall accidents, including:
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Hotel Accidents
- Supermarket Accidents
- Unsafe Building Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Snow and Ice Accidents
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Other Premises Liability Cases
Documenting a Premises Liability Claim
After sustaining an injury on someone else’s property, you should do what you can to document exactly how the accident happened. We recommend taking the following steps:
- Call the police and request emergency medical services be sent to the scene.
- Take pictures or videos of the property conditions that caused you to slip and fall or otherwise sustain an injury.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information, as well as a written or recorded statement.
- Hold onto all medical documentation and bills concerning your injuries.
- Hire a knowledgeable Washington, D.C. slip and fall lawyer who can work to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
The Elements of a Premises Liability Claim
To win a premises liability claim, you and your personal injury attorney will have to gather and present sufficient evidence to prove the following:
- There was an unsafe property condition.
- The property owner either knew or should have reasonably known about the unsafe property condition.
- The property owner neglected to fix the unsafe property condition timely.
- You were injured directly by the unsafe property condition.
- The injuries you sustained caused you to incur significant damages.
Recovering Damages in a Premises Liability Claim
As long as we can satisfy the burden of proof, you should receive compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident. Economic damages may include the following:
- The cost of surgeries or overnight hospital stays
- The cost of rehabilitation
- The cost of lost wages from being unable to return to work
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are as follows:
- Pain and suffering caused by an accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
Filing Your Claim on Time
Anyone injured due to dangerous property conditions will have to file their premises liability claim within Washington D.C.’s statute of limitations. Typically, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Washington D.C. is three years, but in some cases, such as when a person is injured on government property, they will only have six months from the date of their accident to file a Notice of Claim. Don’t make the mistake of waiting to see if your injuries heal on their own. Speak with our Washington D.C. slip and fall lawyers today so we can begin working on your case.
Experienced Representation of the Injured
If you have suffered broken bones, a traumatic brain injury, or another serious injury caused by a slip and fall accident, Trombly & Singer, PLLC, will work hard to hold all negligent parties accountable for their actions. Our firm has more than 40 years of legal experience helping clients who have been injured in unfortunate slip and fall incidents. We will put our skills and knowledge to work for you to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Contact a Washington D.C. Slip & Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Consulting with an attorney may be in your best interest. Trombly & Singer, PLLC represents clients facing serious personal injury in the Washington D.C. metro area. With the assistance of local counsel, we also represent clients in Virginia and other jurisdictions. Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC to schedule a free initial consultation and discuss your case with a qualified Washington DC slip and fall attorney.