At Trombly & Singer, PLLC, our dedicated attorneys and staff have handled numerous claims involving motor vehicle accidents. Motor vehicle accidents can arise as a result of numerous factors, including driver carelessness, road conditions, and even automobile defects. As each case is unique, it is important to consult with an attorney without delay to help guide you past the potential pitfalls of dealing with an auto insurance company by promptly investigating the matter and exploring all legal options. Time is of the essence. Contact the skilled and experienced Washington, D.C. auto accident lawyers from Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a free consultation.
Auto Accident Lawyers in Washington, D.C. | Helping Auto Accident Victims
Trombly and Singer, PLLC provide effective legal services for clients in a variety of legal matters involving motor vehicles, including:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident here in Washington D.C. They can occur for several reasons, though they are frequently due to distracted drivers, intoxicated drivers, and speeding drivers. If you are a car accident victim, our firm can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Many people ride motorcycles here in Washington D.C., as they provide fast, convenient, and cost-effective means of transportation. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are at greater risk of sustaining a serious injury in an accident, as they are far more exposed to their surroundings than other motorists.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents notoriously cause a lot of damage. Trucks are bigger and heavier than all other vehicles on the road. Unfortunately, truck drivers are under enormous pressure to meet all their deadlines, and this leads to various types of reckless or dangerous behaviors. For example, truckers often drive while fatigued, and will sometimes take certain illegal substances to help them stay awake. This only increases the chances of an accident occurring. Additionally, trucks are difficult to maneuver, and the slightest miscalculation can cause a very serious accident.
- Mass Transit Accidents: Fortunately, mass transit accidents are rare, but they do happen. If you were hurt while riding a bus, train, or subway, you’ll need competent and dedicated legal representation in your corner. Don’t deal with a government entity without our Washington D.C. auto accident lawyers on your side.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Washington D.C. has no shortage of crosswalks, sidewalks, and other places where pedestrians can safely walk to their destination. Despite this, motorists will sometimes behave negligently and strike pedestrians as a result. This frequently occurs when motorists aren’t paying attention to the road or decide to run stop lights/signs.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents: Though we’ve become increasingly dependent on Uber and Lyft over the last decade, these accidents are far from uncommon. Uber and Lyft accident injuries require the attention of an attorney who understands the intricacies of these claims and has dealt with Uber/Lyft in the past.
- Victims of Drunk Drivers: We’d like to think drunk driving is a thing of the past, but unfortunately, it isn’t. In fact, drunk driving remains one of the leading causes of car accidents, and if you were hurt by a drunk driver, you’re most likely entitled to financial compensation. We’ve fought on behalf of countless drunk driving accident victims over the years, and we are here to fight for you as well.
No matter the auto accident, if you’ve been hurt on the road due to another party’s negligence, you can rely on the knowledgeable and compassionate legal team right here at Trombly & Singer, PLLC.
If you are seriously injured by another driver’s negligence, contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC. Our firm will work to prove the necessary facts against the responsible party. Our firm will assess your case, guide you through your legal options, investigate the matter, assist you with obtaining essential medical care if necessary, and represent your needs in court. If we take your case, we will be there every step of the way. If we are successful, you could be entitled to damages including medical bills, lost wages, as well as compensatory damages based on how the accident and resulting injuries have affected and will continue to affect you. If we take your case, we will be there every step of the way.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations is the amount of time a person has to file a personal injury claim. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Washington D.C. is, typically, three years. This means that accident victims in D.C. will have to sue the liable party within three years of the date their accident happened. If you were injured on public transportation, such as a bus or train accident, and the vehicle was owned by the state, you will most likely have even less time to file a Notice of Claim. In fact, you are required to do so within six months of the date the accident occurred. Waiting past the statute of limitations will result in you permanently losing your right to sue. Don’t wait to bring your injury claim–get in touch with an attorney as soon as you can.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to discuss your claim with an experienced law firm. Trombly & Singer, PLLC has over 40 years of experience helping clients recover damages when they are injured on account of the negligence of another person. If you need our help, contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a free consultation.