Do I Have a Claim if I Was Injured in a Scaffolding Accident?

If you’re like most of us, you work hard for a living. Those in construction are among the hardest-working people in our society, though unfortunately, they are often subject to dangerous conditions. When these conditions go untreated, construction workers can sustain serious injuries when they come into contact with them. One of the most common types of construction site accidents is those involving faulty scaffolding. Please continue reading and reach out to a dedicated Washington D.C. workplace accident lawyer from Trombly & Singer, PLLC to learn more about how we can help you through the injury claims process if you were hurt in a scaffolding accident. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What are some of the most common scaffolding accident causes?

Scaffolding accidents can occur for a wide range of reasons, though they are most commonly a result of negligence. That said, there are several parties who may be responsible. For example, if a scaffold was unsafe by design or made unsafe due to negligent manufacturing, you may have a valid injury claim against the scaffold designer/manufacturer. That said, there are various other potential causes and liable parties for scaffolding accidents. Just some of the most common scaffolding accident causes that we see are as follows:

  • OSHA violations
  • Negligent supervisors
  • Exceeding weight limits
  • Falling debris or tools from overhead
  • Pully malfunctions
  • Malfunctioning fall safety systems
  • Defective brakes

What should I do if I’m injured on the job in Washington D.C.?

If you are injured on the job, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. You can do so by calling 911 and having an ambulance sent to the scene. You should also make it a point to take pictures of the accident and your injuries, gather witness contact information, and keep copies of medical documentation regarding your injuries. Finally, you should ensure that you notify your employer of your injuries either the day they occurred or the very next day. Once you notify your employer, you should hire an attorney who can help you file either a workers’ compensation claim or a third-party claim, depending on the circumstances of your accident and the party responsible for your injuries.

If you have any further questions about work injury claims or how our legal team can assist you, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call today. We are here to guide you through each step of the process ahead.


Contact the experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC for help with your injury claim.