It is important to have a plan if you have been involved in a car accident that has caused life-altering injuries. Continue reading to discover the steps you should take immediately after being injured in an accident. It is best to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will fight for your right to compensation. Reach out to our knowledgeable firm today to schedule our initial consultation. We are here to help.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Washington D.C.?
The most common causes of car accidents are typically forms of negligence and human error. The following are the most common dangerous driving behaviors that result in accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Disregarding road signs
- Failure to yield
- Texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Using a mobile device while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
Take the following steps to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim while protecting yourself and your future:
- Call 911. The police will conduct a report to document the accident. They will also bring medical attention to the scene.
- While you wait for medical attention to arrive, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident. This should include photos of vehicle and property damage.
- Collect the negligent party’s insurance information. Avoid apologizing for being involved in the accident. This will avoid admitting any fault in the incident.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek medical attention immediately.
- Retain the services of an experienced attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury car accident claims in Washington D.C.?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically three years in Washington D.C. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent party. It is best to bring attention to your claim as soon as possible. Failure to take legal action within this period of time may result in you being barred from suing. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss our services and learn how we can assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve. Give our firm a call to schedule your initial consultation.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.