Accidents can happen anywhere, even when you are trying to spend a night away from home. Due to the number of different amenities in a hotel, hotel accidents can occur much more than you might think. If you have been recently injured in an accident in a hotel, and you sustained injuries that affect your day-to-day life, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss the claims filing process.
What are the most common causes of hotel accidents in New York?
Hotel accidents can be caused by a number of factors including the following:
- Defective furniture accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Food poisoning
- Gym equipment accidents
- Hot tub accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Parking garage accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Unsanitary conditions
What steps should I take after being injured in a hotel accident?
If you have been injured in a hotel accident, it can be hard to think on your feet after going through a traumatic event such as this. This is why it is important to have a plan in mind before an accident happens. Take the following steps to protect yourself and to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, should you chose to take legal action in the future:
- Call the police. The police will file an accident report to document the incident. They will also bring medical attention to the scene.
- Seek medical assistance as soon as they arrive. It is important that you collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if there was anyone who saw your accident occur, collect their contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events. Be sure to collect their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take photos and videos of the hazards that caused your accident.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for hotel accidents claims in New York?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent party who is responsible for your accident. It is important to understand that if you fail to file your claim within this period of time, you may risk being barred from suing. To get started today, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney who will walk you through the legal process ahead.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.