Accidents often occur where we least expect them. Supermarkets are no exception. If you have been injured in a supermarket accident, either in a slip and fall or otherwise, please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys to learn more about how our firm can help you through every step of the claims process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after being injured in a supermarket accident?
If you are injured in a supermarket accident, you should take the following steps to maximize your chances of winning a personal injury claim:
- Notify the store owner that you have been hurt. He or she should file a store incident report.
- From here, you should call the police.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Take pictures of the unsafe supermarket conditions that caused you to slip and fall before someone has a chance to clear them away.
- Once you are treated at a hospital, ask your doctor for all medical documentation/bills pertaining to your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorney who can gather and present all additional evidence needed to prove your claim. In many cases, we can subpoena security camera footage of your accident as it happened.
How long will I have to sue for a supermarket injury in Washington D.C.?
Very often, after being injured in accidents, people will simply wait to see if they recover from their injuries on their own. Of course, it is easy to understand why, as many people do not wish to get into the complexities of the claims process. However, this is seldom a good idea, as there is a statute of limitations in place in Washington D.C. that dictates the amount of time people have to sue someone for an injury sustained on their property. Since the statute of limitations in Washington D.C. is, under most circumstances, three years, you will, generally, have three years from the date of your accident to sue the liable party. Do not make the mistake of waiting too long to sue, for if you do, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently barred from doing so. Our firm is ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today–all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.