Fireworks have always been a key part of Fourth of July celebrations. If you are planning to partake in firework activities this Fourth of July, it is important to consider firework safety tips to ensure you and your loved ones can enjoy the show without any worry of injuries. Continue reading to discover the top firework safety tips and what you should do if you are injured in a fireworks accident. Contact our firm today to discuss our services and learn how we can assist your upcoming personal injury claim.
Firework Safety Tips
If you are preparing to set off fireworks for you and your loved one this Fourth of July, it is essential to refresh your memory on fireworks safety tips to keep all of your spectators safe. Take the following precautions before and after lighting your fireworks this holiday:
- Douse all fireworks in cool water before throwing them away.
- Do not light fireworks, or certain types of fireworks, if they are illegal in your area.
- Always wear protective glasses when setting off fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Never light a firework in your hand.
- Always light fireworks outdoors.
- Do not consume drugs or alcohol while lighting fireworks.
- Back away quickly after lighting a fuse.
- Do not let pets outside. Fireworks can cause them to run away or suffer from anxiety.
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher and garden hose on standby in case of a fire.
- Ensure all spectators are a safe distance away.
- Do not allow children to handle fireworks. Fireworks should only to handled by responsible adults.
- Never stand over fireworks before setting them off.
- Do not buy any fireworks that come in brown paper. These are professional-grade fireworks and may result in serious injuries if you are not an expert.
- Wear eye protection.
- Never throw or point fireworks at another person.
- Do not try to relight “dud” fireworks that don’t initially go off. This may lead to burns.
What should I do if I am injured in a fireworks accident?
You will likely qualify for financial compensation in a premises liability lawsuit if you have been harmed in a firework accident due to another property owner’s negligence. To set yourself up for a successful claim, you should gain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm has handled countless individuals recover the compensation you require to heal after you have been wrongly injured. We are prepared to take on your claim next. Contact our firm today to get started.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.