What You Need to Know About Construction Accidents in D.C.

Construction workers are among the hardest workers in our society, which is why our firm proudly represents all construction workers who’ve been wrongly injured on the job. Please continue reading and contact our Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys to learn more about construction accidents and how our firm can assist you if you’ve been wrongly injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have regarding the legal process ahead:

How do construction accidents happen?

As you know, construction sites have the potential of becoming very dangerous even on a regular day, and unfortunately, the chances of construction workers sustaining very serious injuries astronomically increase when negligence is present. Some of the most common causes of construction accidents include supervisor negligence, unsafe property conditions, and defective equipment.

What should I do after a construction accident?

If you are injured in a construction accident, the first thing you should do is notify your supervisor or employer. They should report the incident and call an ambulance to the scene. From here, you should ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date. You should then document the accident in any way you can, such as by taking pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident. Ensure you seek medical attention immediately, as they can make sure you are okay and they will document your injuries formally as well. Finally, retain the services of a Washington D.C. personal injury attorney who has significant experience handling workplace injuries who can work to obtain the compensation you deserve.

What is a third-party claim?

When someone is injured on the job, oftentimes, they will simply file a workers’ compensation claim that will help cover the cost of their financial loss until they heal and are ready to go back to work once again. That being said, there are times where workers’ compensation simply does not cover the entire cost of an injury. In this case, our firm can file what is known as a third-party claim. Essentially, in a third-party claim, you will sue a liable third party for your injuries that is not your employer. For example, you may sue an independent contractor, a product designer/manufacturer, the property owner, and more. Doing so can allow you to obtain the financial compensation you need without worrying about potential retaliation from your employer. If you have any further questions, give us a call today. We are here to help.


The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.