Being injured on the job as a construction worker can result in severe injuries. If you have been injured in a construction site accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation. To learn more about construction site accidents and the steps, you should take after sustaining injuries, continue reading. Reach out to our experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorney today to begin your journey to compensation. We are here to help.
What should I do after a construction site accident?
It is important that you take the following steps after sustaining injuries in a construction site accident to protect yourself and your future personal injury claim:
- Call the police. They will be able to conduct a police report and bring any necessary medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- While you wait for the police and ambulance if you can, take photos of the scene including any safety hazards that may have played a part in your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Once your medical treatment is complete, it is important to collect all medical paperwork relating to your injuries.
- Speak with a knowledgeable Washington D.C. personal injury attorney who will assist you with filing your claim. Your attorney may also be able to collect further evidence to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is a third-party claim?
If you have been injured in a construction site accident, you will file a third-party claim to hold all parties accountable for your damages without suing your employer. With the assistance of your attorney, you will take legal action against a negligent subcontractor, architect, equipment manufacturer, or designer.
Filing a third-party claim will allow you to keep your job while you recover the compensation you require to heal. If you have any further questions regarding filing a third-party claim, reach out to our experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorney for assistance getting started with your claim.
Our legal team will work to satisfy the burned of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. It is important that you take legal action as soon as possible and bring attention to your claim as soon as your injuries have occurred. If you have any additional questions regarding this process, give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.