If you have been injured in a stairwell accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. To learn more about stairwell accident claims and the steps to take following an accident due to no fault of your own, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney. Our legal team at Trombly & Singer is prepared to take on your claim today. We will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. Give us a call today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
The most common causes of stairwell accidents are typically forms of negligence. The following factors are common causes of stairwell accidents:
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Damaged steps
- Loose railings
- Missing steps
- Inadequate security
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
Take the following steps after sustaining injuries in a stairwell accident to protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the authorities. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene. They will also be able to document the accident by creating a police report.
- While you wait for medical treatment, if you can, take photos of the scene of your accident including any hazards that played a part in your injuries.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Once you have been treated, collect all related medical documents. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Washington D.C. personal injury lawyer who will walk you through the claims filing process.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Washington D.C.?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Washington D.C. is generally three years. This is important to understand because this means that you will have three years from the date of your stairwell accident to take legal action. Failure to file your claim within this time period may risk you being barred from suing. The sooner you bring attention to your claim, the better. To get started with this process as soon as possible, give our experienced personal injury attorney a call today. We will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve to heal.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.