The law gives consumers the ability to hold companies accountable when they manufacture or sell unreasonably dangerous products that cause serious injury. If you or a loved one were injured by a dangerous or defective product, it is important that you promptly speak with an experienced attorney. It is also important to retain and safeguard the product, if possible, as well as any other physical evidence. It is not easy to bring a product liability lawsuit as these cases often involve highly technical issues that rely on experts in engineering, product design, human factors and other areas, as well as the use of medical experts to prove the underlying injuries. Trombly & Singer, PLLC has the resources needed to litigate these complex cases. A member of our legal team will work with you, helping you to obtain justice and hold the negligent parties responsible. Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a free consultation.
Types of Product Liability Cases
There are numerous types of product liability cases. Knowing how to proceed deserves the attention of an experienced attorney. Below are the main categories of defect cases.
- Design defect: Some products may be defective because the designer did not sufficiently account for safety when designing the product. In a design defect case, the injured party will have to prove that there was an economically feasible, safer alternative to the design that does not impair the use of the product.
- Manufacturer defect: In these cases, the manufacturer deviated from the design of the product, for whatever reason. Whether the injury was the result of a change in material or the way it was manufactured, the injured party will have to prove that something in the manufacturing process is to blame.
- Failure to warn: Many products, if not used a certain way, may be unreasonably dangerous. They must include adequate warnings. The failure to sufficiently and adequately warn the user of serious dangers of the product could result in liability for the defendant.
Fighting for Clients
Our firm helps families impacted by defective products. We have achieved significant results in serious injury and wrongful death cases for several decades. Contact our firm for a free consultation if you or a loved one has been injured as the result of:
- Harmful drugs and defective medical devices
- Dangerous household products
- Defective automobiles and automobile parts
- Unsafe toys and children’s products
- Dangerous recreational equipment and exercise equipment
- Unsafe food
- Defective workplace machinery
Call a Washington D.C. Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one became injured as a result of an unsafe product, do not hesitate to contact the attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC. When unsafe products cause serious injury, it is important to know why, to hold the liable party accountable, and stop them from hurting others. Whether the product is a household item or one used for work, our firm is ready to step in. Our lawyers work with clients who have product liability claims in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding communities. Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC.