All health care professionals owe a duty to their patients to provide medical treatment that meets a recognized standard of care. Doctors, surgeons, medical technicians, nurses, and other health care professionals are all held to a national standard of care within their particular area of expertise. A medical malpractice case can be brought when this standard of care was not met and serious injury resulted. If you or somebody you love was injured and you suspect malpractice, consult a qualified Washington D.C. medical malpractice lawyer as soon as you can. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a consultation to discuss your legal matter.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases in D.C. and Maryland
Some examples of serious malpractice and wrongful death cases involving negligent treatment include:
- Birth injuries to children, such as cerebral palsy, brain damage, and Erb’s palsy, and injuries to mothers
- Cancer misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose/promptly treat cancer: cervical, colon, breast, lung, prostate, skin and other forms of cancer because of lab negligence with pap smears and radiology negligence in mammograms, CAT scans, MRIs, and x-rays
- Failure to identify and promptly treat a heart attack or stroke
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors and anesthesiology negligence in orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, laparoscopy, podiatry surgery
- Emergency room errors and negligence
- Nursing home malpractice and negligence, including pressure sores and sepsis
Hire a Skilled DC Medical Malpractice Attorney
Trombly & Singer, PLLC, has extensive experience handling complex medical negligence cases. Our firm has helped countless families and children achieve justice for the injuries that they suffered because of medical treatment that fell below the standard of care. To schedule a free legal consultation with our legal professionals, Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC.