With Memorial Day around the corner, it is important to consider your safety when hitting the pool over the long weekend. Unfortunately, there are many opportunities for a pool accident to occur which can lead to severe injuries if not death. It is important to keep yourself and your guests safe when enjoying the warm weather. With the holiday fastly approaching, continue reading to discover the top pool safety tips to consider this summer. Ensure you and your guests are safe by the pool all season long.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Swimming in a pool comes with its safety hazards. Consider these tips and steps to take to make your pool time safer for everyone. The following tips should be taken into considering each time you take a dip:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
It is very possible for accidents to happen in or around a swimming pool. Pool accidents unfortunately can lead to serious injury or death. If you believe you were injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
In order to achieve this compensation, you will need to prove negligence in a premises liability claim. To do so, you must show that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. This can be backed by evidence that an experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to retrieve for you including photos of the pool, witnesses to the incident, and medical documentation of any injures. Contact our knowledgeable Washington D.C. personal injury lawyer today to begin this process.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.