It is important to consider safety tips this Labor Day if you plan on spending time at the pool. This long weekend, pool accidents are at a heightened risk, especially now that the summer is coming to a close. It can be easy to throw out all of the important safety precautions at this end of the summer holiday. Continue reading to refresh your memory on the top pool safety tips to consider this Labor Day.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident, give our firm a call to learn more about filing a premises liability claim.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Pool accidents can lead to severe injuries and even death. To avoid a pool accident this Labor Day, it is important to consider the following safety tips:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
To learn if you are eligible for compensation after being injured in a swimming pool accident, you should first reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney. To file a successful claim, your attorney will work to prove negligence in a premises liability claim. To do so, your attorney will have to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To back this claim, your attorney will recover evidence such as photos and videos of the scene of your accident, medical documentation relating to your treatment after your injuries were sustained, and witness statements from those who saw your accident occur.
Contact our experienced personal injury attorney to learn more about this process and how we will fight for your right to compensation. We want each of our clients to get back to their lives.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.