The day a mother gives birth should be one of the happiest days in the family’s life. However, when an injury occurs during labor to either the baby or the mother, the day can take a very dramatic and scary turn. When a doctor or another medical professional in the delivery room is negligent, a mother’s life can be put at stake. There are several different types of injury that can happen to a mother during childbirth. Some of these serious injuries can include, but are not limited to:
- Chorioamnionitis, a dangerous uterine infection
- Group B streptococcal infection
- Failure to perform a cervical culture
- Failure to identify placental previa or placenta acretia, among other placental abnormalities
- Uterine rupture
- Failure to perform a cesarean section when labor complications arise
- Dangerous use of labor-inducing agents such as Cytotec or Misoprostol
- Uncontrollable bleeding
When a mother is injured during childbirth due to the negligence of a physician or another medical professional, they may want to consider their legal options. Medical professionals who are negligent need to be held accountable when their actions put lives at risk. In some of the worst cases, medical negligence can even result in death. If you or a loved one was the victim of medical malpractice during childbirth, contact our firm today.
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.