The Fourth of July is a day of celebration and reflection. Of course, part of that celebration is lighting off fireworks. Though we all enjoy watching a dazzling firework display, we can only fully enjoy them if we are safe. If you are hosting the Fourth of July this year and plan on lighting off fireworks, you must take various safety precautions to ensure nobody gets hurt. Please read the following checklist created by our knowledgeable Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys regarding firework safety so everyone can truly enjoy the holiday with their friends and families. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How do I light fireworks off safely?
If you are hosting the Fourth of July this year and plan on setting off fireworks, you should ensure that all spectators are safe. Please take the following precautions before and during the show:
- Do not allow children to set off or handle fireworks. As you know, this can pose a serious risk, as fireworks are only to be handled by responsible adults.
- Do not let pets outside–oftentimes, fireworks can cause them to run away or otherwise behave unlike their normal selves.
- Before lighting off fireworks, ensure you have both a fire extinguisher and a garden hose on standby in case of a fire.
- Never stand over fireworks before setting them off.
- Do not try to relight “dud” fireworks that don’t initially go off, as this is frequently the cause of serious burn injuries.
- Before starting the firework show, ensure all spectators are a safe distance away.
- Douse all fireworks in cool water before throwing them away.
- Do not light fireworks, or certain types of fireworks, if they are illegal in your area.
- Always wear protective glasses when setting off fireworks.
What should I do if I am injured by fireworks?
If you are harmed in a firework accident due to another property owner’s negligence, you will most likely qualify for financial compensation in a premises liability lawsuit. Our firm has helped countless individuals recover the compensation they need after being wrongly injured, and we are ready to do the same for you. All you have to do is give our experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys a call today to find out how more about what we can do for you.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.