Washington D.C. Catastrophic Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one became injured because of negligence — whether it is another driver, a building owner, a medical professional or some other wrongdoer — the law allows you to seek money damages. The sooner you take action to protect your rights, the more likely it is that we can preserve necessary evidence, interview essential witnesses, and otherwise begin to prepare the case.
Obtaining Fair and Just Compensation for People Who Have Suffered Serious Injuries
The attorneys at Trombly & Singer, P.L.L.C. have been helping injured people in Washington, DC, Maryland, and other jurisdictions for more than 30 years. We focus our law practice on representing people who have suffered catastrophic injuries, such as brain and spinal cord injury, burns and amputations.
Our record of successful settlements and verdicts has earned our firm the recognition of our peers. During their years of practice, both Daniel E. Schultz and Kenneth M. Trombly have achieved AV-ratings* in the Martindale-Hubbell peer review process for legal skill and ethical practice. Both are listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” for the District of Columbia and both have been identified by Law and Politics, a major legal publication, as being among the District of Columbia’s “Super Lawyers.” Both Mr. Schultz and Mr. Trombly are also certified members of the Million Dollar Advocacy Forum.
When you have questions, we can offer legal advice based on decades of experience. Contact our Washington DC traumatic injury attorney today to schedule a free consultation.
Proving Your Injury Case
Regardless how you were injured — whether in a car or truck accident, in a fall on a poorly maintained property, by using a defective product, or due to the negligence of a doctor — the job of your personal injury attorney is four-fold:
- To investigate how the injury occurred, who was at fault, and whether there is a legal theory of liability to pursue
- To determine what insurance coverage (or other assets) might be available to pay you
- To document and prove the extent of your injuries and the effect that those injuries have on your life, and
- To document and prove your financial losses and medical expenses, as well as the expenses you will likely have in the future.
By carefully gathering the information needed to prove your case, we work to see that you are fairly compensated for your loss. Because we regularly work with experienced investigators, accident reconstruction professionals and board certified medical consultants, this allow us to tackle some of the most challenging serious injury cases.
Learn more about bringing a personal injury claim
- Frequently asked questions about serious injury cases
- Personal injury information center
- Motor vehicle accidents information center
- Premises liability information center
To speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding your first step in getting fair compensation, contact our Washington, DC law office.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.