If you are seriously injured by the negligence of another person or entity, it is important to discuss your claim with an experienced law firm. Trombly & Singer, PLLC has over 30 years of experience helping clients through tough times. With an in-depth knowledge of personal injury laws and a compassionate hand, our firm’s commitment to clients is unmatched. Through the years, our firm has seen first-hand the effects of serious injury on individuals and their families. A serious personal injury can burden a person with mounting medical bills, a lost career and the income that goes with it. When a serious injury is caused by negligence, it is important to have a legal team that can effectively fight for what is right. If we can prove that your injury was caused by the careless act of another, you may be entitled to compensation. Personal injury claims are complicated and consulting with an attorney is in your best interests. If you need a law firm to assess your case, guide you through your legal matter and fight for your future, contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC.
Our Past Cases
Examples of some of the serious personal injury claims that our attorneys have handled in the past:
- Automobile tractor trailer accident causing multiple fractures and other injuries
- Automobile accidents – numerous cases involving various traumatic injuries
- Automobile/motorcycle accident resulting in paraplegia
- Bus/pedestrian accident- a client who was trying to board bus sustained serious injuries after falling beneath bus and bus driver failed to stop in time.
- Bus/Taxicab accident- client, passenger in a cab, required spinal surgery after the accident.
- Elevator accidents due to misleveling of elevator
- Elevator accident caused by sudden stop and erratic movement of elevator
- Escalator accidents caused by sudden activation of safety switches on escalators.
- Escalator accident caused by client tripping on raised comb plate
- Hot water scaldings caused by improperly maintained hot water heaters, resulting in burns to minor children
- Negligence- Spinal injury sustained by novice horseback riding student due to lack of safety procedures by riding school
- Negligence- Woman suffered spinal injuries as the result of injury in poorly supervised train station
- Negligence- Spinal and other injuries sustained by hospital patient accidentally dropped by ambulance crew while being moved.
- Negligent security in hotel resulting in criminal assault of government employee staying there
- Negligent security in apartment building resulting in injuries to tenant by trespassers
- Negligent security in a DC school, resulting in rape of high school student
- Police Brutality- Fatal shooting of unarmed 18-year old by officers in Prince Georges County, MD
- Police Brutality- Police beating in DC causing neurological and other problems to client
- Police Brutality- Assault and false arrest of Maryland man by U.S. Capital police.
- Premises liability- Fracture sustained by a man who fell due to poor lighting and lack of warning regarding hidden step-down.
- Premises liability- Injuries to audience member hit on the head by falling equipment at DC theater causing TMJ injury.
- Premises liability- Woman sustained head injuries as result of being struck by wooden plank accidentally dropped by a worker in lumber yard section of a hardware store.
- Premises liability- Numerous cases involving injuries caused by falls at various premises as the result of negligent maintenance or design of apartment buildings, stores, hotels and other buildings
- Product Liability – Claim against manufacturer of household product used as antacid causing severe gastrointestinal injury
- Product Liability- Man sustained serious eye injury as the result of defective bungee cord slipping out of hook and striking him in the eye
- Product liability claim against manufacturer of defectively designed swivel chair
- Product liability claim against manufacturer of defectively manufactured swivel chair
- Product liability- automatic doors- claims arising out of injuries to clients struck by improperly functioning automatic doors.
- Product Liability claim due to the failure of child’s pajamas to comply with flammability standards.
- Slip and fall by young lawyer requiring back surgery from a fall as the result of no signs put up in delicatessen despite freshly washed floor.
- Slip and fall by a tenant in apartment complex due to outdoor carpeting covered with algae, resulting in fall that caused a serious fracture.
- Slip and fall of office worker walking off of elevator onto a slippery floor causing permanent arm injury.
- Slip and fall in government cafeteria causing permanent injury as result of failure to clear walkway of rolled up rug
- Slips and falls in government offices as result of failure of cleaning crews to post signs
- WMATA escalator accidents- various claims arising out of persons injured on Metro escalators, including one which was the largest settlement for such a claim at the time.
- Workplace injury- Worker unloading truck sustained permanent spinal injury as result of inadequate lighting and poorly maintained mechanical loading ramp
- Wrongful death claims as result of fatal automobile accidents
Contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC
Trombly & Singer, PLLC is an experienced Washington D.C. personal injury law firm serving the District and surrounding communities. Our personal injury law firm handles a wide range of personal injury claims. If you need our help, please contact Trombly & Singer, PLLC for a free initial consultation.