How to Sue a Doctor For a Birth Injury in Washington D.C.

There are few things more saddening, frustrating, and downright tragic than childbirth injuries. That is why if you or your child have sustained a childbirth injury, you must read on and reach out to our experienced Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you file a lawsuit to offset the financial burdens caused by a doctor’s negligent actions. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What are the most common types of birth injuries?

Birth injuries can occur on the part of the mother, or the child, and are usually a result of physician negligence. Among the most common childbirth injuries is cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy. Cerebral palsy often occurs when a child has a lack of oxygen to its brain during childbirth. Unfortunately, this is oftentimes preventable, though physicians will fail to do so, often resulting in motor difficulties, as well as mental impairments, and more. Erb’s palsy, on the other hand, oftentimes happens when doctors excessively pull or twist the child during childbirth, resulting in severe physical disabilities, like paralysis of certain body parts. If you or your child have been injured as a result of medical malpractice, you are most likely now looking to sue. However, you will first have to hire an experienced attorney who knows the ins and outs of the claims process.

Why do I need an attorney to sue for a birth injury?

Though it may be tempting to go it alone, the truth is, medical malpractice lawsuits are oftentimes very difficult to win, which is why you will need an attorney who knows how to effectively gather and present evidence on his clients’ behalf to win them the compensation they deserve. Medical malpractice lawsuits carry career-ending ramifications for medical professionals, which is why you can bet your doctor will retain expert legal counsel to disprove your claim. You need an aggressive attorney who has what it takes to go head-to-head with those attorneys to win your personal injury claim.

How long do I have to sue a doctor in Washington D.C.?

The wrongly injured must abide by the statute of limitations, which states that those harmed by a doctor’s negligence generally have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. Do not wait too long to file–if you wait any longer than three years, you will most likely be barred from suing. Our firm is here to help.

Contact our experienced Washington D.C. firm

The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.