Brain injuries can leave victims with lifelong injuries and disabilities, casting a wake of devastation in the lives of those affected. Medical bills associated with brain injuries can easily pile up, reaching in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Furthermore, many of these traumatic injuries lead to additional complications later on in life, requiring victims to have continuous medical care and assistance with daily activities that the rest of us take for granted. At Trombly & Singer, PLLC, a caring Washington DC brain injury lawyer can provide you with the aggressive legal representation and the help you need to secure the compensation you deserve for damages resulting from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). While no amount of money can turn back the hands of time, financial compensation can help alleviate the burden of medical bills, related expenses, and other losses such as the loss of future income.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Because the symptoms of a TBI can often mimic other health conditions, some victims may go undiagnosed for months of even years after their accidents. It is of the utmost importance to seek medical treatment immediately following any type of accident, even if no injuries appear to have surfaced. According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries include:
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Nausea or vomitting
- Conscious but being dazed, confused, or disoriented
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision or ringing in the ears
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Concentration or memory issues
- Mood changes
Research shows that brain injuries can impact people in completely different ways and that symptoms vary by the individual. All forms of brain injury are serious and victims should be entitled to compensation if their injuries were the result of the negligence of another party. If you believe you have sustained a TBI, seek medical attention immediately.
Brain Injuries Commonly Caused by Negligence
Each Washington DC brain injury lawyer at Trombly & Singer, PLLC has significant experience in handling traumatic brain injury cases in a variety of settings including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability (dangerous or defectice products)
- Police brutality
- Medical malpractice (in the delivery room, operating room, emergency room, and the intensive care unit)
Seek Justice for Brain Injuries in Washington DC
Prospective clients often ask us if we have experience in their type of case. That’s a good question, especially if the case involves catastrophic injuries such as brain or spinal cord injuries. At Trombly & Singer, PLLC, our Washington DC catastrophic injury lawyers know the challenges of brain injury cases, because of our decades of experience with such cases.
There are a number of benefits to working with a law firm with extensive experience in this field:
- We understand spinal cord injuries and brain injuries — how they happen and how the damage presents itself. Spinal cord injuries and brain injuries can be extremely challenging. The impact is multi-faceted, particularly in brain injury cases. It can range from obvious impairments in physical, cognitive, and higher executive function to subtle psychological and emotional changes.
- We regularly work with medical experts in the field – this allows us to help our clients in receiving a complete and accurate assessment and a complete and thorough identification of the treatment and care they require. Such cases can require the assistance of neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, economists and other experts.
- We understand the long-term consequences of such injuries – when we prepare a case, we seek financial compensation not only for today’s medical bills and other economic losses, but also for future rehabilitation and care. Adequately providing for someone who has suffered a catastrophic spinal cord or brain injury often extends well past the lifetime of the current caregivers. When appropriate, we use structured settlements and special needs trusts in order to maximize the available financial resources. We do this in order that the needed funds will continue to be there for the lifetime of the injured person, so their families do not need to worry about their care.
Call a Washington DC Brain Injury Attorney
A life can be forever changed by one driver’s bad decision. Fortunately, with the assistance of knowlegeable traumatic brain injury lawyers, the courts can hold negligent parties accountable for damages caused by an accident. Our attorneys work with clients who have brain injury claims in Washington, DC, Baltimore City, throughout Maryland including Prince George’s County, and, with the assistance of local counsel, in Virginia and other jurisdictions. Call our office at 202-775-8888 today to schedule a free initial legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer in Washington DC.